Monday, August 22, 2011

Guerrilla Crafting


Today my new issue of New Internationalist arrived in the post.


"If you would like to know something about what's actually going on, rather than what people would like you to think was going on, then read the New Internationalist."
– Emma Thompson –


For those of you who are friends on my Aka Tombo facebook page you will know that I don't only make hats.  Indeed I love crafting of every kind and alongside my chapeaus I make organic baby clothes, knitted baby booties, accessories and funky things for around your house. Thus I was super happy to find a small article in New Internationalist about knit graffiti and yarn bombing!

"Following in the footsteps of their guerrilla gardening counterparts, who go undercover to plant flowers and trees in concrete jungles around the world, 'knit graffiti' artists are brightening up our urban landscapes by decorating everything from telephone poles and abandoned cars to trees and statues with their colourful creations."
-New Internationalist

Some of the things these guys are doing are A-Mazing and have inspired me to hunt out my crochet hook and go decorate a little piece of Niigata.  For those of you who live in Niigata there will be a prize for the first person to find and photograph my little piece of guerrilla crafting.  Happy hunting.














Tank Blankie

This is a hat blog and all so...



No comments:

Post a Comment