Monday, July 11, 2011

I love the 1940's!!!



While walking off a hangover in Vegas recently I stumbled across the Bettie Page shop in Planet Hollywood and fell in love (read spent too much cash on dresses) and it made me realise how much I love 1940's - 1950's fashion. Since returnig to Japan I have spent waaaay too many hours trawling the internet looking for the perfect 1940's dress to wear to my friends wedding in November. During one of these trawls I fell upon pictures of Christian Dior's Spring 2011 collection and literally had to catch my breath. Way too much pretty for one set of eyes to take in!









And the best thing about the 1940's is that no outfit was complete without a hat as the ladies below prove.





And there were so many styles to choose from!





I now have my dress, wrap and shoes all ready for November though I am still hunting for vintage elbow length gloves and trying to decide which of the many, many hat styles to choose from. Will keep you posted on my progress and pics will follow in November (can't give away the whole look before the actual day, sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment